Friday, October 31, 2008

PS. You're cute

went to the hospital again to visit grandma. Pretty much spending all my time there. Really glad she's getting better. Makes all the time travelling worthwhile.

 

It was finally here-Anna's wedding day, the day she had dreamed about and planned for months.
The small, picturesque church was crowded with friends and family.

Sunlight poured through the stained-glass windows, and the gentle music of a string quartet filled the air.
Anna walked down the aisle toward David. 
Joy surged within her.
This was the moment for which she had waited so long.
He gently took her hand and they turned toward the altar.

But as the minster began to lead Anna and David through their vows, the unthinkable happened.
A girl stood up in the middle of the congregation, walked quietly to the altar and took David's other hand.
Another girl approached and stood next to the first, followed by another.
Soon, a chain of six girls stood by him as he repeated his vows to Anna.

Anna felt her lip begin to quiver as tears welled up in her eyes.
"Is this some kind of joke?" she whispered to David.
"Im..Im sorry,Anna" he said, staring at the floor.
"Who are these girls, David? What is going on?" she gasped
"They're girls from my past," he answered sadly. "Anna, they dont mean anything to me now.. but i've given part of my heart to each of them"
"I thought your heart was mine," she said.
"It is, it is," he pleaded. "Everything that left is yours"
A tear rolled down Anna's cheek. 
Then she woke up.

i pondered over this for awhile.
it left me searching through my past, through my memories.
how much of my heart will be left for my future spouse?
how much of my heart will i give him
how much would he give me?
would i be able to satisfy him with what little heart i've got left?
it touched a sensitive nerve as joshua harris continued to elaborate further and
speak on religion and how the decisions we made were going to affect our future.

is there any part of my heart that will be left when i stand at the altar, staring into the eyes of the love of my life.

i find N cute. i saw him today in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment